Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Your Android devices will soon join the Find My Device network

 
Find My Device network is coming soon
You can use Find My Device today to locate devices when they're connected to the internet. The new Find My Device network can help locate devices, even if they're offline. It can also help find compatible Fast Pair accessories, earbuds and headphones, and trackers that are attached to items like wallets, keys, or bikes.
How it works
To help owners find their offline items, your Android devices and others in the network will use Bluetooth to scan for nearby items. They'll securely send the locations where nearby items were detected to Find My Device. Your Android devices will also securely send their most recent online locations to Find My Device to help locate them when they're offline.

If you set a screen lock for your Android device, such as a PIN, pattern, or password, Find My Device can also use the network of over a billion devices in the Android community to help locate your items when they're offline.
Encrypted for privacy
It's recommended that you set a screen lock so Find My Device can use the network to help locate your offline items. Your screen lock will be used to encrypt your devices' locations. Only you and those you share your devices with in Find My Device will be able to see these locations.
If you continue without setting a screen lock, Find My Device will store your devices' most recent online locations to help find them when they're offline. Stored locations will be encrypted using your Google password, and only you will be able to see them in Find My Device.
You'll get a notification on your Android devices when this feature is turned on in 3 days. Until then, you can opt out of the network through Find My Device on the web. Your choice will apply to all Android devices linked to lcitins@gmail.com. After the feature is on, you can manage device participation anytime through Find My Device settings on the device.
Learn more
You received this email to update you about important changes to your Android device.
© 2024 Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ebook bargains for Tuesday

Your Deals: The Best Is Yet to Come by Debbie Macomber. A heartwarming New York Times bestseller hailed as “a gift” ( Booklist )! Looking f...